April 18, 2012

Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parm = Delicious

In my quest to develop the perfect menu for my mother's birthday, I came across the following recipe.  The other cook was ecstatic about it and it piqued my interest just enough to try.  That and I was running out of time to find another recipe!

1st half Ingredients:
1 large bunch of broccoli
3 tbs of olive oil
1 tsp salt of your choice (I used course ground sea salt)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground pepper
2-4 crushed/minced garlic

2nd half of recipe Ingredients:

1/2 lemon (or 2 tbs lemon from the bottle) and zest from that half lemon
1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tbs olive oil

Optional (this means I didn't, but you certainly can!):
2 tbs toasted pine nut (or nut of your choice really)
Fresh basil to your liking 


What I did:

1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2) Cut broccoli into florettes [tip! broccoli must be very dry before you roast, so, either do not wash (I assume that everything will be killed in a 425 degree oven) OR dry very thoroughly before coating]
3) Put florettes into a pan (I used a pyrex glass pan, but I doubt it matters) and coat with the "1st half Ingredients"
4) Bake for 20-25 minutes.  The broccoli should have a lot of crispy, brown, crunchy bits on them
5) Pull out of oven, put broccoli into your serving dish and then mix the broccoli with the "2nd Half Ingredients"
6) Eat up!

No comments: